Grand Holidays takes its business very seriously and is constantly striving to offer our members the very best in holiday experiences whether on our own resorts or elsewhere with the Exchange Facilities we make available via Interval International.
As part of our commitment to the industry and to our members we are proud to be members of the Timeshare Association (also known as T.A.T.O.C.).
T.A.T.O.C was formed in 1989 and is the only elected consumer association representing the interests of timeshare owners in Europe. Since this time there have been a few changes working together with other like minded associations including OTE (Organisation for Timeshare in Europe) and during 2008 it was announced that it would be known as The Timeshare Association.
T.A.T.O.C.’s original objectives from 1989, as relevant today as they were then, are:
- To promote the maintenance of high quality standards of facilities and amenities and to encourage the efficient management of timeshare resorts through communication and education.
- To lobby and campaign on matters related to timeshare and timeshare owners through liaison with trade industry bodies and government departments.
- To assist consumers with their use of timeshare, both before and after purchase, through user guides, helpdesk assistance and by co-operating to remove rogue players from this marketplace.
- To actively promote the positive image of timeshare through all communications channels.
- To proactively produce solutions to prevent issues and to respond to known industry problems.
- To challenge and discourage bad practice.
- To be recognised by the media and the industry in general as the credible interface to the timeshare industry.
- To become the recognised voice of timeshare owners in Europe.
The name may have slightly changed but T.A.T.O.C. is based on the solid commitment and integrity of the past years. It has a dynamic plan for the future, it is widening its membership base, it is grabbing the future with both hands and is a proactive and forward thinking Association but it never forgets its prime reason for being.
T.A.T.O.C. exists to safeguard and enhance the timeshare holiday experience for existing and prospective users and to be the voice of owners.